Notes from a recent article in the English Churchman by Rev. Soja Bewararang of Christian Association in Nigeria: facts and a call to action-please pray.
- Over 6,000 people mainly women, children and the aged have been maimed or killed so far this year by Fulani herdsmen.
- The perpetrators are never arrested and go free.
- The perpetrators aim at ethnic cleansing, land grabbing and forceful ejection of Christian natives.
- Heads of security and the president himself (see pic of Buhari) appear complicit in all this because of their ethnicity and religion.
- Villages must be rebuilt and people protected.
- The leaders of the cattle herders ought to be arrested and tried.
- The abduction of under age Christian girls and their rape and forced marriages must be investigated, stopped and perpetrators arrested.
- More must be done to free the Chibok girls and Leah Sharibu.